Monday, June 25, 2012

Let's Get Stitching

I'm on a bit of an embroidery kick at the moment. I have designed and made a couple of little hoop designs recently and am really happy with them. They make for cutesy wall art and there is no limit to the design and stitches you use. I'm down with the running, chain and satin stitches and french knots but there are more to learn and practice and lots of helpful blog posts out there. I recently came across this post which shows a variety of ways to finish your embroidery hoop off neatly at the back. There are also lots of design tutorials available and here are a few of my favourites.
Ombre Stitching courtesy of Design Sponge
Button Embroidered Hoop
Toadstool House courtesy of Lark Crafts
Mug Rug courtesy of Wild Olive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment
Penelope x