Monday, May 7, 2012

What Did You Do?

How was your weekend? Good, I hope. Did you make something? If you did, please leave me a link, I'd love to see your work.

Here's what I created. I combined two of my favourite things, clouds and felt, and made this birth date wall hanging for Harper's room. Cute eh?
I used the full six strands of embroidery thread (which I wouldn't usually do on softies and other projects) but I wanted it to stand out clearly. Having said that, it would probably look better and neater to be 3/4 strands and perhaps in white. Any suggestions? I would like to make a couple more but try the design on an oval hoop too.


I also spent some time this weekend playing around with bloggy html stuff. Clearly the phrase 'bloggy html stuff' tells you that I have very little idea about the technical side of my blog but as a keen DIYer, I gave it a go. This post from Her New Leaf is simple enough for even me to follow and allowed me to add the social media buttons to my sidebar. The icons are from The Academy and are free. (Found via Lines Across My Face)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment
Penelope x