Monday, November 14, 2011

Harper's Nursery

I have been adding to Harper's nursery bit by bit since this first nursery post. It is 99% complete, I'm still eyeing a personalised wall sticker for above her cot. Harper graduated from the bassinet alongside our bed to her own room about a month ago and I'm happy to say that she's enjoying her new digs.
The room was always going to be painted grey; it's my favourite colour and is in keeping with the rest of the house. I went with Taubman's Grey Comfort and decided on white, pink and coral/tangerine accents.
The cot was on sale at Ikea a few months ago (don't think it's available anymore....) and I decided to 'hack' it after seeing this nursery. The fabric panels were made using Heather Bailey Lindy Leaf in Tangerine.
The bookshelf is also from Ikea. On it there are a few ornaments and practical items; bird house (Thingz), tree photo stand (Officeworks), framed birth announcement (Etsy), a lamp and white baskets (Ikea) filled with singlets and shoes and the 'H' I made by wrapping wool around the paper mache letter.(via Ohdeedoh) Mirrored bird cage which is above the cot is from Target.



The chest of drawers came with me from my parents' home 9 years ago.
Paper Lanterns (Gone Bizarre), change mat cover (Etsy), white rabbit and bamboo owl (Typo). Art work is from here, here, here and here.  Rug (Spotlight about 18 months ago). Growth chart (Target)




Bookcase and pink storage cubes (Ikea)
Glider (Ebay find for $30- I have some fur fabric protecting the re-covered cushions from my pukey baby. The glider isn't perfect, the arms get in the way while nursing and I have to sit on an angle but it's a lot more comfortable at 3am than sitting on the floor which I did with Michaela.
Cushion (Spotlight with a few vintage doilies stitched in place), lamp (mentioned here), LOVE print (here) and bamboo bird mobile (Typo)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment
Penelope x